05 September 16
Hundreds of visitors made their way to Cleary Bros Port Kembla depot on Sunday 9 October for their museum open day. The company celebrates 100 years in operation this year when in 1916 John Joseph Cleary known as ‘Jack’ registered Cleary Bros (Bombo) Pty Ltd after many years of timber milling with his brothers.
Jack’s children continued to grow the business following his passing in 1958 through to today, now including a number of third and fourth generation family members.
The family opened up the doors of their historic machinery museum with Jack’s son Denis now Chairman of the Company in attendance to recall information about the machines and the restorations.
Over 30 pieces of equipment in the museum where on show from D2 Tractors through to the CAT 60 which sits in glory being painted silver and gold which was started up on the day, much to the crowd’s delight. Dedicated enthusiasts from Sydney and surrounds also attended with their ‘hotted’ up and beautifully restored cars and trucks.
The museum can be viewed by contacting Reception at Cleary Bros on (02) 4275 1000.