HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT & QUALITY POLICY
Cleary Bros is a leading independent construction materials business principally based in the Greater Sydney, Illawarra and South Coast regions of New South Wales, operating in the quarrying, concrete and construction sectors. Founded in 1916 and remaining privately owned, Cleary Bros operates two major quarrying sites at Albion Park and Gerroa, partnering with a range of clients for delivery of civil projects.
Cleary Bros is committed to doing the right thing by:
- Our People: We foster a safe and healthy working environment for employees, contractors and visitors, and promote safe behaviours to ensure our people return home safely to their families at the end of each working day
- Our Customers: We aim to deliver efficient services and quality products that meet customer requirements
- Our Environment: We conduct our operations in compliance with all relevant environmental licences and regulations. We identify and assess hazards to the environment and control them as part of a total risk management process, striving to minimise our impact on the environment
- Our Community: We strive to be a valued corporate citizen in the communities in which we operate
To meet our commitment Cleary Bros will:
- Develop and maintain a HSEQ Management framework that encourages ownership and safety leadership.
- Focus on risks that have the potential to cause harm to our people or the environment ensuring that every employee and contractor has the responsibility and authority to stop work if there is unacceptable risk of harm to people, communities, the environment or sites of cultural significance.
- Work to eliminate both physical and psychosocial hazards that could cause incidents, injuries or illnesses by requiring every employee and contractor working for us to comply with relevant legislation and the health and safety management standards and systems established to ensure the safety of the workforce.
- Enhance the skills and knowledge of our people through training and development to undertake their work in a safe and healthy manner.
- Consult, cooperate, and collaborate with our employees, contractors and key stakeholders to maintain a strong safety culture where everyone feels safe to speak up and is confident that their concerns will be heard and acted upon.
- Demonstrate sustainable business practices by considering the social, economic and environmental outcomes of our activities.
- Strive to continuously improve our performance by setting objectives which are transparently reported on and learnings shared with the whole business.
Cleary Bros acknowledges managing health, safety, environment and quality is a responsibility throughout the organisation. It takes a team effort, and we encourage all employees to work together to find solutions and learn from our experiences.
Chief Executive Officer
28 February 2023